Friday, December 16, 2011

Rolled Paper Tree Cards

Hello Blog World,

I have seen a few rolled paper trees out there in blog land this year and thought what a nifty idea. 

Here are some of my favourites



Source: http://thesimplylivingblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/paper-tree.html
Source”:http://adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com/2011/12/rolled-paper-christmas-tree.html
Go Check them out they are awesome, the second one even has a tutorial. 
Isn’t that bunting just darling!!

So ever since I saw my first one a few months back I knew I wanted to do something similar this Christmas.   All these creations are in frames or on canvases and used for decorations.   I didn’t want to do that, so I needed to make some extra Christmas Cards and thought hey why not??

So here is my take on the rolled paper trees in card form.

paper roll tree 1

And then I wanted to change the colours up a bit and use up some scraps, so this one came about also

paper roll tree 2

I can’t decide which one I like better, they are both different in their own little way, so they both appeal to me on different levels, and they were very simple to make!  I could definitely roll out a few of these in a day (pun intended sorry)

So I am going to enter these in the following card challenge -  Check them out there are some great cards out there.

Dream Valley Challenges – Christmas
Now I need to make some gift card holders (slowly ticking everything off the list), until then happy crafting.

42BD3B7A067E1982B5D475547CB5DF09






4 comments:





Boden said...

How sweet! My kids would love getting in on making a few of these, I'm sure! I'd love for you to come and share this, and any other projects you'd like to show off, at the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com ~Jen

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing and your cards are beautiful!

Boden said...

Woo-hoo! Thanks for linking up! ~Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

Lin said...

What a clever idea, and you have interpreted it beautifully with your cards.

Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley, hope to see you again.

Lin

Post a Comment